Friday, June 21, 2013

Skinks of the Coming Winter

The theme of my army is The Skinks of the Coming Winter. It is a snow and ice based Lizardmen army, because winter is coming.




The skinks are white with light blue scales. I'm trying to make their shield and javelins look like they are made of ice. I painted the bobbles yellow, orange, and gold to add some spice... and help them not look like they are only "primed" from a distance.


My Kroxigor are usually fielded in a unit of Skinks. I decided to give them light green scales with a dusting of white. Their back spikes and nails are/will be white with ice blue edges.


Similar to the Kroxigor, my Saurus are dusted with white over blue scales. Their equipment is currently red and gold. I think they need a a bright color in the mix. Maybe some green.


I painted two of my salamanders before I started the Winter theme. So they are more fiery. But my third salamander is painted up just like the Skinks. His back-fan-thing and tail spikes are supposed to be made of ice, just like the Skink weapons.


And this is my Slann. He is an Ice Frog. I need to add shields to the Saurus and I want to put something in the Slann's hand. Maybe a little lizard dangling by its tail... or a decapitated elf head.

No comments:

Post a Comment